The Education and Examination Center of the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology is the institution approved and established by the Central Office of the Organization Committee. (CEIAEC is the abbreviated name for China’s Electronics and Information Applied Education Center, the name used for the center). It is supervised by the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology and it undertakes the business of professional training and qualification examinations for industrial companies, communication industries and information technology industries. It includes the following responsibilities:
1. To carry out professional personnel training and occupational skill appraisal in the electronics industry and promote industry and information industries.
2. To plan and propose the professional personnel training for industrial companies, communication industries and information technology industries.
3. To organize and manage qualification examinations of computer and software technology proficiency.
4. To organize and manage occupational evaluation test of technical personnel at communication major.
5. To organize and implement occupational skill appraisal in the electronics industry.
6. To compile the relevant training materials and construct examination question bank.
The Education and Examination Center of the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology is in charge of qualification examinations for computer and software technology proficiency，regional examination management institutions are responsible for their region’s registration and organization of the exam.
The purpose of the exam is to promote education by providing a record of formal schooling, a talent selection service, and a selection basis for enterprise and public institutions, as well as promote career development and talent with certificates.